The univ is the official currency of the Earthen Union, and used universally by the countries in all six nations. The name comes from universal, since this is a universal currency.
- 3 univs for Carswell's cheap rampion tie tack
- 600 univs for Linh Cinder's lightly used second-hand cyborg foot
- 800 univs for a new hover magbelt
- 600 univs for a respectable memorial plaque
- 687 univs (although the original price was 690 univs) for Scarlet Benoit's delivery of tomatoes
- 1,500 univs as a citizen reward for taking a Lunar to the police
- 4,500 univs for the autopsy of a deceased human
- 5,000 univs as a fine for tampering with a royal android
- 12,000 univs for a Venezuelan dream doll (a skinny wooden doll bedecked in feathers and painted with six eyes)
- 20,000-32,000 univs for the trafficking of a Lunar shell
- 40,000 univs for a second-era diamond necklace sold at a net sales listing
- 80,000 univs as a reward for Linh Adri for her assistance in the manhunt of Cinder
- Univs are about equal to U.S. dollars.